Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Big Day Has Come And Gone Noticably Baby Free

Oh well, only 5% of babies are born on their due date so I ain't sweatin' it. I just really liked the day itself January 31st...a Saturday. Sounds like a good day to be born. But February is a great month as well. Just ask my brother, sister and Uncle.

I had my last prenatal midwife appointment yesterday, sad. I loved going in to the doctors surgery to have the belly measured, listen to the baby's heartbeat and be reassured by my midwife about all my fears. But I won't see her again until the day after the we take baby home. Then she'll come round every week or so to check on us both.

So today I'm feeling crampy, tight, unable to move much and uncomfortable in a new way. But I think it's mostly psychosomatic to be honest. Just knowing that I'm officially "overdue" starting tomorrow is making my body go all funny.

I have an induction appointment on February 12th, but I really don't want to go down that road. So let's all be thinking good labor starting thoughts in the next few days and see what happens. I'll continue to drink the raspberry leaf tea, go for walks and bounce on the birthing ball. Together we shall will this baby to come out of his cozy little nest.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh another Feburary birthday, there is something in the gene pool making the first two months popular for birthin'!

judyette said...

not to mention your aunt susie and cousin josh, born in feb. i had multiple dreams of you last night, and someone rang my phone (one ring) at 4 am (caller id said unavailable). i sent you a long email this morning, but gmail killed it, was gonna re-write it later. i do not think you will have to be induced.
did someone have a bet pool going?? cause we have a couple to add. i say 8 lbs, 6 oz. rosie says 9 lbs, 2 oz. jina says an even 9 lbs.

Xeandra said...

I'm watching your blog every day for some news..........
Please don't let them induce you. Pleeeeeeeeease!