Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Nothing Is Certain Except Love

Someone asked me today "Are you sure you want to do this?". Does he know the effect his words will have on me?

I ask myself those sort of "Are you sure?" questions everyday. I had no idea they would be so tough to hear from someone else. I need to know that you believe in me. I need to know that change is good, without question. And I need to have you behind me 100%, even if you're faking most of it. Because this is hard enough.

So, no. I'm not sure I want to do this. But I am sure that it's all going to turn out just fine.

"Be patient towards all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves liked locked rooms and like books that are written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given to you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer."

~Rilke

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love this quote!!